If you are obsessed with everything chocolate, you might want to give this homemade hazelnut spread a try!
- Roast 1 cup hazelnuts on baking sheet at 400 for 8 minutes. Watch carefully to make sure they don’t burn.
- Put hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and rub together so that skin falls off. Try to rub off remaining skin with your fingers.
- Place hazelnuts in food processor and puree for one minute. Scrape down bowl and continue for another minute. Scrape bowl again and puree another minute, for a total of 3 minutes.
- With the motor running, add 2 tbsp oil and ½ tsp vanilla and puree for about 30 seconds.
- Add 3tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and ½ tsp salt and puree 30 seconds.
- You can stop at this point and you’ll have a hazelnut spread that tastes great, is slightly healthier but it will have more of a grainy texture. If you want something super smooth, add 5-10 ounces of melted chocolate and puree for 20-30 seconds, no more. I would recommend starting with 5 ounces.