The air fryer is essentially an enlarged countertop flow oven. Its compact space helps to cook faster. The top of the unit is equipped with a heating mechanism and a fan. Hot air rushes in and puts it around the food in the fryer basket. This rapid cycle makes the food crispy, just like deep-frying.
It may be difficult to grill the golden crust outside and try not to cook the steak. However, you can now cook a perfect steak by just leaving it on the air fryer.
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped chives
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped thyme
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 (2 lb.) bone-in ribeye
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine butter and herbs. Place in center of a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a log. Twist ends together to keep tight and refrigerate until hardened, 20 minutes.
- Season steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place steak in basket of air fryer and cook at 400° for 12 to 14 minutes, for medium, depending on thickness of steak, flipping halfway through.
- Top steak with a slice of herb butter to serve.