As the flu epidemic caught us off guard at the start of 2020, Disney decided to share some of their world-famous desserts on the park’s app shortly after the lockdown so we can enjoy #DisneyMagicMoments in our houses.
- Combine 1 cup water, 8 tbsp butter, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add 1 ¼ cups flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add 3 eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Using caution, heat 1 ½ cups oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix ½ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.