Craving for corndog but don’t want the hassle? Why not try out our baked corn dog recipe for the same amount of joy and satisfaction minus the mess!
- In a food process, add 2 tbsp and 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup cornmeal, 1 tsp baking powder, ½ salt, ½ tsp mustard, 6 tbsp milk (add more if dough seems dry). Turn your motor on and add 6 tbsp butter a little at a time.
- Process until mixed and butter completely cut into dough, then turn out onto floured work surface (I like to use parchment or wax paper for easier clean up and less sticking).
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll your dough out until about ⅛ – ¼ inch thick. You don’t want it too thick.
- Cut a rectangle and place your hot dog in the center. Wrap hot dog, put stick into flat end of hot dog.
- Bake at 375 for about 15-20 minutes, slipping halfway through. Enjoy!