I confess that I’ve long ignored the yogurt feature on the Instant Pot. Yet curiosity — and weeks of threading in Instant Pot forums on Facebook — has got the better of me. I’m so happy that’s been done, because Instant Pot yogurt is really a wonder.
Perhaps the best part is that you can make your yogurt just the way you like it — thin and creamy, thick and Greek-like, and everything in between. Prefer vanilla or sweetened yogurt? It could do that, too. Here’s how to make that possible.
- Clean and prep the instant pot
- Boil the milk in the instant pot
- Check the milk’s temperature, and then cool to 110 degree F
- Mix 1 cup of warm milk with the starter yogurt and add sweeteners or flavourings.
- “Cook” on the yogurt setting for 6 to 10 hours
- Refrigerate the yogurt in the Instant Pot insert for 4 hours or overnight
The yogurt can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.