If you have little ones that love to help in the kitchen, you will probably know how awesome and terrifying it is to see them cook. Here are a few tips to keep your kids safe in the kitchen.
- Always be near your kids when they are in the kitchen, especially when they are holding knifes and turning on stoves
- Make sure they wash their hands before, during and after they cook
- Make sure the counter is at waist level with the kids, so they can see what they are doing (a stool is a great option)
- The food they are cutting should always be flat to the surface and make sure they are curling their non-knife-holding fingers under to hold when they are chopping so they don’t accidentally hurt themselves (knife finger guards are an option you can opt to)
- Make sure they ask before they taste anything