Are Baked Churros better than fried ones? I’ll show you how to make Homemade Baked Churros and you can find out for yourself.
- In a medium sauce pan, add 1 cup water, ½ cup butter, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp brown sugar and ¼ tsp salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook until butter is melted.
- Remove pan from stove and add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 ¼ cup flour, stirring until flour is incorporated.
- Add one egg at a time being careful to stir quickly so that the eggs don’t cook.
- Once all 3 eggs are incorporated, transfer your dough to a pastry bag (be careful as dough will be hot and also it will not all fit in the bag at once).
- Pipe onto a parchment lined baking sheet in 3 inch strips with room in between.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from oven and melt 4 tablespoons butter. Mix 1/4 cup sugar with tsp cinnamon. Brush your slightly cooled churros with butter and roll in sugar mixture or sprinkle it all over your churro. Dig in!