Rumming in your refrigerator to discover that the “new” food you purchased earlier this week has gone wrong may be frustrating. Luckily, there are ways to hack your way to fresher, longer-lasting food.
Below are some of the easiest places to store your produce for maximum freshness.
- Fruits shouldn’t be washed before you store it in the fridge
- Milk and eggs should never be kept in the refrigerator door
- Highly gaseous products like bananas, avocados, and apples should be stored away from each other and other fruits and vegetables
- Tomatoes, onions and garlics shouldn’t be stored in the fridge
- The freezer is a great storage option for uncooked meat
- Treat herbs like flowers by keeping them hydrated
- The acid from citrus fruits can help preserve other fruit slices
- Keep unripe avocado out of the fridge
- Keep celery fresh by storing it in aluminum foil
- Cheese shouldn’t be tightly wrapped in plastic or tin foil
- Don’t store your coffee / coffee beans in the freezer
- Keep pineapples out of the fridge