Camp cooking can be experienced in many different ways. When done well, few meals taste better or satisfy more than those cooked at camp. Something about cooking the old-fashioned way makes the entire experience special.
Many enjoy the process of camp meal preparation and experiment with various methods. Here are some tips to help you out when you need to prepare food for camp cooking!
- Measuring ingredients for each meal ahead of time and pack in ziplock bags. Label each bag accordingly for easier usage during camp.
- Prepare soups, stews or chilis etc ahead of time. Freeze and keep it in a cooler and reheat it for a quick meal.
- Cover pots whenever cooking outdoors. This way, food will get done quicker and you will save up on fuel.
- Use fireproof cooking equipment. Keep handles away from extreme heat and flames.
- To cook hamburgers more evenly, put a hole in the middle of your hamburger about the size of your finger, during grilling the hole will disappear but the center will be cooked the same as the edges.